We are able to provide training for staff at your school, either in small groups or to the whole team. This can be arranged during the school day or as a twilight session. Below are examples of the sessions we could deliver, although we are able to design a bespoke package for schools. Please contact us at school to discuss options or to book a session.
Example training topics:
- Whole school approach for supporting children with medical needs
- Support for school leaders – understanding statutory guidance & responsibilities
- Understanding borderline personality disorder type presentation within the classroom
- Designing a medical needs policy for your school
- Effective use of individual health care plans
- Managing self-harm in young people
- Supporting children with gender identity
- Understanding and managing anxiety in school
- Supporting education of young people with cancer
- Understanding eating disorders
- Working effectively with parents of children who are ill
- Coordinating an effective multi-agency approach
- Strategies to improve attendance / engagement
- Reducing anxiety by ensuring appropriate learning environments
- What does / should reasonable adjustments look like?
Training costs start from £150 per hour depending on number of staff, resources and planning time.
“Thanks also for being so open and sharing some of your vision for the school. It so closely mirrors our own and gives food for thought as we head towards discussions with our local authority.”