Examinations at Willow Bank School
Please find below useful information regarding GCSE and other examinations at Willow Bank School.
Results – Thursday 12th August 2021
Results are available for collection from Willow Bank School on 12th August 2021 between 10am and 12pm.
Results should be collected in person by the candidate.
Any results which have not been collected by noon will be emailed to the candidate’s school email address and posted out to the home address that day.
Please note we are unable to release results over the telephone, or to anyone other than the candidate in person, unless this is agreed in advance and we have written permission.
The DfE have produced a useful blog for students about appeals which can be found here.
Further details of the arrangements for appeals can be found here.
The ‘Centre Review Request Form’ for centre and awarding body appeals can be found here.
Certificates, when received from the awarding body, will be issued to candidates. Willow Bank School will write to you in the autumn term when they are available for collection from the school office.
Following the cancellation of exams this summer, please find below helpful documentation explaining the arrangements for teacher assessed grades.
Parent Letters and Information
- JCQ Guidance for Parents and Carers
- JCQ Infographic on the awarding of GCSE qualifications
- JCQ Infographic on the awarding of vocational qualifications
- Ofqual ‘What you need to know about grades in 2021'
Certificate Collection for 2020 Leavers
Examination certificates have now arrived at Willow Bank School. Given the latest government lockdown guidelines, we intend to keep certificates in school until the lockdown period has ended. After this time certificates can be collected from Willow Bank reception between 8.30am and 3.30pm, Monday – Friday during term time.
If you require your certificates urgently, then please contact the school office in order to arrange a convenient collection time.
If someone is collecting the certificates on your behalf, then they must have written permission and a form of photographic ID.
Willow Bank Guides
- ‘A Guide to GCSE Examinations' - An overview of the exam process at Key Stage Four
- ‘Information for Students’- A handy guide for students about sitting exams at Willow Bank
Wiilow Bank Policies
- Internal Appeals Policy (Centre Marks)
- Internal Appeals policy (Post Results)
- Non-Exam Assessment Policy
- No Mobile Poster (No Unauthorised Items)
- Information for Candidates – NEA 2020/21
- Information for Candidates – Privacy Notice – 2019/20
- Information for Candidates – Social media - 2020/21
- Information for Candidates – Written Exams 2020/21
- Information for Candidates: Coursework 2020/21